August 18, 2012
Less than a year after her dad passed away, my beautiful daughter, Deanna, had her only sibling, Jonathon, and I walk her down the aisle for her wedding. I had a few favorite memories from that day, the first one being, as we walked her down the aisle, both holding her arms on either side, the song her Daddy used to sing to her came on, "You Are My Sunshine." Her brother looked at her and said something along the lines of, "Really? You suck," as he was trying to hold back the tears. I didn't. Later, after I played this video I had made for her, she danced with me, since her father wasn't there to, and at the end of our dance, her other two moms, Mamma Schultz and Mamma Mersereau, who watched her grow up, came out and danced with us at the end, in an impromptu finish. It was quite the tribute. Our kids used to call us the "Trifecta of Evil," because we always knew what all of them were up to, so they didn't get away with much! I am so thankful God gave Bret and I people in our lives to come alongside us, to help us raise our kids right. But mostly, I am thankful for you, Bret, for being such a faithful and wonderful father and husband. Our kids knew that you would have their backs, no matter what, and that you would always be there for them, because you spent so much time with them and loved them unconditionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment